Thursday, January 6, 2011

Spending time in New York


It turned out that being in New York was good for my job search as well, because I was asked to stay a few extra days in order to interview with an executive for a final interview for a job in Switzerland. The company had its international headquarters in New Jersey, but the job I was up for was at their European headquarters in Switzerland, and it just worked out that the person I needed to meet with would be in New Jersey just after the new year.

So, with my meeting planned and a few extra days to kill, I braved the remnants of the snowstorm and went sightseeing and just enjoyed being back in the city. It felt right to me to be there, much more so than San Francisco had. One highlight was when I met up with my old Quad Graphics coworkers in their new sales office (post merger). It was fantastic seeing them again after more than a year a half being gone, but it reiterated in my mind that I was glad to have left the printing industry.  I also met up with my old roommate and some old friends from Indiana University, so I had a good few days of re-connection. I also went to see a Broadway show, this time American Idiot, a storyline set to the music of Green Day. It didn't make it into the top 5 of my favorite shows, but it was entertaining, and I even got to see Billie Joe Armstrong perform live, and got to see him up close when he left the theatre after the show.








No comments: