Friday, December 24, 2010

Getting the First Offer



The day after hiking in the Wichitas I received an early Christmas present when the consulting company I interviewed with in San Francisco called to give me an official offer. It was the biggest relief of 2010, because after 6 months of job searching, more than 50 interviews, many rejections and and countless hours of frustration, I knew that I had at least one good job prospect no matter what else happened. The people I had met with in San Francisco all seemed really great, and the work would have been very interesting, but I wasn't super excited about moving back to California because I had already lived there and because the whole goal of going to an MBA abroad was to get a job abroad.

However, I got to relax for a few days and enjoy the wonderfully warm Oklahoma December (75 degrees!) before getting back to business to continue following up on other job leads.

No comments: