Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Kristyn's Wedding in Oregon, USA


During the first weekend of November I took a weekend trip to the US to go to my cousin Kristyn's wedding. Getting from Switzerland to the east coast is not so bad, but when you have to travel to the west coast it's a much longer flight and the time changes totally messes you up. I flew from Geneva to Amsterdam to Portland, Oregon, on a Friday morning, which was a remarkably straightforward flight pattern, and I nearly flew over the Arctic Circle. Once I arrived in Oregon I only had about 36 hours to be with my family before I had to get on a flight back to Switzerland Sunday morning to arrive in time for classes Monday afternoon.

I'm very glad I went, because I don't have brothers or sisters, so my cousins are the closest thing I have, and I wasn't going to miss her wedding for the world.

Flying over Greenland.


The bride and bridesmaids!

With dad.



With the cousins. People always think we're all sisters, but there are three distinct families represented in this photo.



 Trying to get a family portrait with everyone smiling is not easy.



Wedding party.

No comments: